The school was founded in 1933 and comprises a nursery department, pre-prep and prep school standing in 14 acres, 10 of which are playing fields.
Aberdour became a co-educational school in 1994 and our first intake of girls were welcomed into the newly opened nursery. Our school community is now one where boys and girls learn side by side.
In 1971 Aberdour School became an educational charitable trust and is now administered by a Board of Governors.
Pupils are encouraged to achieve high academic standards and over the years the school has achieved considerable academic success. Between 1987 and 2004 over 100 awards have been won to the finest senior independent schools in the country.
Facilities include well-equipped laboratories, modern computer systems, and five interactive whiteboards, an indoor swimming pool and two artificial cricket pitches