Parmiter's is a co-educational, all-ability school of 1267 boys and girls, including 314 students in the Sixth Form. There is a teaching staff of over 80 specialist teachers, who are strongly supported in their work by the 50 members of the non-teaching staff.
At the school, every student is special and is encouraged and guided to attain his or her potential. Academic results are quite outstanding and the value added compares very favourably with schools in similar contexts. Every year, large numbers of Parmiterians go on to the full spectrum of universities including Oxbridge (115 to university in 2007).
Our students are encouraged to participate in a rich variety of extra-curricular activities, including Sport, Music, Drama, Dance, Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme and Debating. There is a flourishing House System and all students take part in the very wide range of House events and competitions.
Parmiter's is strongly supported by its community of students, staff, parents, trustees, governors and Old Parmiterians. All students are encouraged to join the Old Parmiterians' Society, founded in 1898, when they leave school and there are many, regular reunions of past students.
Parmiter's School is the core of the strong, vibrant and purposeful Parmiter's community and engenders a supportive and caring family ethos which is much appreciated by all its members.
The school is located conveniently close to major transport links, but the 60 acre site has an attractive, rural setting, including extensive, well tended playing fields.
There have been many significant enhancements to the facilities at Parmiter's over the last ten years. In 1997 the impressive Thomas Parmiter Sports Centre was opened by HRH The Princess Royal following a successful National Lottery application. The School was awarded the Sportsmark Gold in 1998. In 2003 a new full-size, floodlit all-weather sports pitch was completed and in April 2004 a new Sports Pavilion was opened by Trevor Brooking CBE. In 2004 a new dining room was constructed and opened. In 2005, a purpose-built Modern Foreign Languages block was completed. In 2006 a new Music Block was built and the Science Department was extensively refurbished. Further developments to the school site are currently being undertaken, including an extension to the Sixth Form Centre.