Firwood is a special school for secondary aged students with severe or profound learning difficulties. Students may additionally have medical, sensory, or behavioural problems. A proportion of students also have Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Of course, we are all proud of our community’s achievements, with the following being particularly important to us:
1. The range of our students’ achievements; whether they are learning to use a switch to control their environment or gaining paid employment on leaving Firwood High School.
2. Our Specialist School Status, Inspection outcomes, innovative work on inclusion and employment outcomes (via “Project Search”);
3. Our highly trained staff (including associated medical and social care staff) and their on-going commitment to help your son or daughter;
4. Our broad and relevant curriculum.We all work hard to ensure it meets the needs of your sons and daughters and covers the National Curriculum, as well as offering some exciting opportunities for inclusion, sensory work, vocational work and even training for employment for some older students;
5. The happy and encouraging ethos here that includes being accepted amongst our mainstream colleagues, so we all become members of our one learning community.
If you are interested in working at Firwood High School you can join our Talent Pool to be alerted for future jobs that suit your skills.
Firwood High School
Stitch-mi-LaneBoltonGreater ManchesterBL2 4HU
Phase: Special Education (inc. PRU)
No. of Pupils: 0
Be proactive about working for Schools! Send your CV direct to Schools or register your interest for working in a region and become part of the Talent Pool. It's free and easy to ensure your CV has the maximum exposure to new and upcoming roles.