In 1880, Belmont School was founded as a day school in London. Later the school was moved to the village of Westcott, not far from its current site in Holmbury St. Mary, where the school established itself in 1955.
Located to the east of the village and standing high on the hill towards Abinger, Belmont is centred around the Victorian mansion, Feldemore, once owned by the Waterhouse family of Price Waterhouse fame. The main house was destroyed by a catastrophic fire in 1991, and since them it has been lovingly rebuilt and restored. We are indebted to the vision and vitality of those who sought to recreate the school out of its literal ashes.
Like most Preparatory Schools, Belmont is a charitable Trust, administered by a Board of Governors. The Headmistress is a member of the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools (IAPS).