Apprentice Teaching Assistant
37 hours per week
Fixed term 16 to 18 months
National Apprenticeship wage (currently £5.28 per hour)
Closing date 27th November 2023 at midday
Main Purpose of the Role:
To work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, SEND Code of Practice and academy policies and procedures.
• Good basic education to GCSE level (to include English and Maths)
• Experience would be an advantage, however training and enrolment onto an NVQ will be provided.
Applicants should have knowledge and understanding of:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills, oral and written
• Good ICT skills
• Ambitious for all learners
• Dedicated to raising the life chances of students
Applicants should have the ability to:
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Hard working, flexible and reliable.
• Honesty and integrity
• Good personal presentation.
• Able to cope under pressure, meet deadlines and deal with stressful situations.
• Able to operate in a professional and tactful manner.
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
• Highly motivated and able to use own initiative.
• A genuine commitment to and liking for young people, and high expectations for their progress and welfare.
Please apply by visiting North Walsall Academies website
The successful applicant will undertake an enhanced DBS criminal record check, and online searches will be carried out in line with KCSIE update 2022. We are committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion and welcome all applications. We are open to Flexible Working.