Main Purpose of the Role:
To work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, SEND Code of Practice and academy policies and procedures.
• Good basic education to GCSE level (to include English and Maths)
• Experience would be an advantage, however training and enrolment onto an NVQ will be provided.
Applicants should have knowledge and understanding of:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills, oral and written
• Good ICT skills
• Ambitious for all learners
• Dedicated to raising the life chances of students
Applicants should have the ability to:
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Hard working, flexible and reliable.
• Honesty and integrity
• Good personal presentation.
• Able to cope under pressure, meet deadlines and deal with stressful situations.
• Able to operate in a professional and tactful manner.
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
• Highly motivated and able to use own initiative.
• A genuine commitment to and liking for young people, and high expectations for their progress and welfare.