Invigilators are responsible for the correct running of external examinations in the exam halls. This may include:
- Preparing the hall, laying out candidate name cards to a seating plan prepared by the Exams Officer.
- Admitting candidates to the hall in a quiet and orderly way.
- Conducting the exam according to the Joint Examinations Boards Regulations.
- Registering the candidates present in the hall.
- Invigilators must be consistently vigilant when the exam is running and should not do any other task.
- Invigilators are provided with all regulations, necessary papers, candidates name cards and seating plan for each exam.
- Invigilators are required to report to the Senior Invigilator/Exams Officer at least 30 minutes before the start of an examinations session.
- The Exams Officer is available to support the invigilators
Invigilators should enjoy working as part of a team. They should be interested in working in a school environment and in supporting our candidates at this stressful time in their school career.
The position is ideally suited to responsible, punctual, calm, organised and approachable individuals.
The centre requires invigilators to wear “business” dress to promote a formal, but supportive atmosphere within the exam halls.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities of this post may vary from time to time according to the changing demands of the academy. This job description may be reviewed at the reasonable discretion of the Principal in the light of those changing requirements and in consultation with the postholder. In any event the Principal reserves the right to review and amend the job description.
The Job Description is a description of the job to be undertaken and performed to the satisfaction of the Principal by the postholder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Mildenhall College Academy is part of the Academy Transformation Trust family, whose mission is to transform learning, aspirations and opportunities for their students and the communities in which they live. This commitment also extends to staff who are key to their success.
Mildenhall College Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant must undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS and online searches will be carried out in line with KCSIE update 2022.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion and welcome all applications. We are a Disability Confident Employer. We are open to Flexible Working.
Mildenhall College Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.