LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT – SEND SUPPORT
FIXED TERM CONTRACT SUBJECT TO FUNDING
27.5 hours per week scale point 4 pro rata Term Time Only
We are looking for a LSA to provide SEND support for 2 children in our academy
The job will be from Nov 2020 to July 2021 subject to the funding for these children being available to Star Academy. If specialist schools are found for either child before the end date stated above then the contract will come to an end with one month’s notice being given.
Academy Transformation Trust believes that all children should receive a first class education and are well prepared for their life ahead academically, personally, emotionally and professionally. We are committed to our responsibility to support, challenge and guide our academies and their staff to ensure success.
To assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupils to whom you are assigned, to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
To aid the pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on their own by, for example:
• Clarifying and explaining instructions
• Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
• Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs
• Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
• Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
• Liaising with class teachers, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
• Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by class teachers or SENCO
• Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
• Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
To establish supportive relationships with the pupils concerned
To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupils with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
Monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil’s efforts and develop self reliance and self esteem.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, discounted gym membership via our employee benefits platform
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Level 2 childcare related training.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Star Academy, Sandyford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.