The Governors and Principal of Sun Academy Bradwell are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed SEND Learning Support Assistant to join our supportive and outward-facing team. You will help us to embed our vision and values to ensure that our children grow not only academically, but with the strength of character that will lead to a successful future as a valued and healthy member of society.
As part of the Sun Academy Bradwell team, you will experience:
- Enthusiastic pupils who are well-behaved and ready to learn
- A warm, kind and supportive staff with great humour
- A high-quality working environment
- An amazing people development offer through our ATT Institute providing you with continuous self-development
- A comprehensive package of benefits via our Vivup Platform. You will enjoy a generous pension scheme, health cash plan, shopping discounts, cycle-to-work scheme, home and electricals discount shopping and an employee assistance programme
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations and strive to impact positively on the lives of our children
- Be an outstanding practitioner who is eager to make a positive difference
- Be someone who can engage and enthuse pupils in learning at all times
- Be someone who understands the importance of assessment, feedback support and challenge for all
- Have great resilience, determination and uphold our school values and culture
- Be reflective about their own practice, seeking to craft their skill through evidence-based professional development
- Spend some time working 1 to 1 with specific pupils and support with reading, writing, maths as well as other curriculum subjects
- Work directly with class teachers and teaching assistants to support the pupils’ progression in all areas of academy life
- Have experience working with children and young people and will be able to understand their educational needs
- Be instrumental in developing behaviour management strategies and supporting the child’s development whilst in the school
- Have a good understanding of children safeguarding and how to support pupils with challenging and varied needs
At Sun Academy Bradwell we are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion and welcome all applications.
We are happy to talk flexible working with all applicants for all roles
We are a Disability Confident Employer
Sun Academy Bradwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.