Uniform Services Tutor
Responsible and accountable to: Head of Programme of Study
Overall Responsibility and Accountability:
- Programme of study learners
- Delivery of outstanding quality learning to adults through directly delivering appropriate learning in a range of Curriculum Areas.
- To ensure that the quality improvement systems and processes of the service are consistently applied.
- To deliver accredited and non-accredited courses.
- To respond to changes in inspection frameworks, Awarding Body, or service requirements by producing appropriate learning programmes and materials.
- To ensure a robust Safeguarding is in place at all times to support and protect all learners and staff.
- To ensure that all Safeguarding, Prevent and EDI procedures are adhered to and relevant policies and guidelines are followed and all mandatory safeguarding CPD adhered to in a comprehensive and timely.
- To be responsible for the training, reviewing, assessment and recording of achievement in line with the Qualification framework and learning programme.
- Providing learners with appropriate careers, education, information, advice, guidance, and support.
- Administrative work associated with all teaching responsibilities to be completed and submitted in a comprehensive and timely way.
- Statistics – provide statistical information as required.
- To undertake peer assessment and internal verification.
- To participate in personal development, identified in the learning programme.
- To engage in performance management activities in line with Trust policy.
- Involvement in the development, monitoring and evaluation of the organisation’s systems and procedures and quality assurance.
- To play an active role in providing weekly learner stories/photographs to assist with ATTFE’s marketing strategy.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation, procedures and techniques.
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by his/her activities and where appropriate, safeguarding the health and safety of all persons under his/her control in accordance with the provisions of Health and Safety legislation.
- To ensure that learner/room risk assessments are fully completed and submitted in a timely way.
- Exercising proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment or appliances provided and issued.
- To organise and ensure the delivery of the agreed Learning Programme to all learners including Schemes of Work and Session Plans.
- To ensure that a comprehensive teaching file is present in all classes with all mandatory ATTFE documentation present and up to date.
Hours: 25 hours teaching per week with an additional 12 hours planning and preparation. ALL YEAR ROUND.
Pay: Hourly rate:
Qualified tutor: £21.08
Unqualified tutor: £18.31
Academy Transformation Trust Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.