3rd Line Technician - IT
Full Time, Permanent Contract - York
SALARY: £32,882 (SP33), per annum, dependent on experience
Askham Bryan College is a specialist land-based college based across the North of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Technician with significant experience supporting a Linux and Microsoft Windows Server environment. and experience of supporting/administering; SSCM, VMWare, Exchange, SAN, Firewalls, Wireless access, Windows 10 and Office 365, to join our IT Department here at our York campus. This role will be working 37 hours per week, on a permanent basis.
The role involves;
• Providing support for relevant equipment, hardware, software, related information systems and services to staff and students of the College.
• Helping academic staff maximise the use of IT systems and networks in the support of curriculum delivery and student learning.
• Assisting with the installation and implementation of equipment, hardware, software, related information systems and services dependent on responsibilities.
• Organising resources and ensure support activities and projects are kept on schedule.
• In liaison with the Head of IT, ensuring that upgrades or implementations to equipment, hardware, software, related information systems and services are performed effectively and with agreed timescales.
• Under the direction of the Head of IT, ensuring that documentation and standards are updated and created for work in which the post holder is involved.
• Assisting in the maintenance of correct procedures ensuring that all equipment, hardware, software, related information systems and services are properly controlled and registered.
• Liaising with all other sections within the College and with staff in other departments where services are provided or advice requested.
If you are educated to diploma level or above in a relevant subject or significant experience in the industry and have excellent knowledge of current IT industry standards and practices we would be keen to hear from you. We’re looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to working effectively to strict deadlines through prioritisation and proactivity. Team working is a must have as is a ‘hands on’ approach and willingness to learn and develop your knowledge and skillset.
In return, we offer a generous holiday allowance (35 days per year plus Bank Holidays), ample free parking, canteen facilities, and a range of employee benefits as well as the opportunity to work within spectacular grounds.
For more information, please refer to the Job Description and person specification.
Closing Date: 6th March 2021
Interviews: w/c 15th March 2021
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and partners to share this commitment.
The Governors and Staff at Askham Bryan College regard each learner as a unique individual and therefore seek to support learner development in ways, which will foster security, confidence and independence. We recognise that high self-esteem, peer support, a secure College environment and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all young people and adults particularly those at risk or suffering abuse. These are regarded as central to the wellbeing of the individual and are therefore seen to be an intrinsic part of all aspects of the curriculum and ethos.