Dashwood Banbury Academy
EYFS Teaching Assistant
15 hours per week - 12 noon - 3 pm Monday to Friday, Term time
Fixed term contract Starting 4th January 2022 – 22nd July 2022
Salary - £18,933 to £19,698 depending on experience (FTE) and the pro rata salary is £4,194.94 to £4,364.43. This will change should the contract be extended after the 22nd July 2022
Dashwood Banbury Academy is a Primary school teaching ages 2-11 years, in the heart of Banbury, Oxfordshire with great facilities. It is close to the town centre, a 5-minute walk from the train station or a 5-minute drive from the M40. The pupils and staff work together to ensure everyone is achieving and succeeding. It is a fantastic school where pupils make excellent progress and gain valuable life experiences to take with them on their next steps into secondary school. We also value the journeys of all our employees and provide ongoing training to give you the opportunity to flourish and continue your career in education, whether this be through internal Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training or external providers through the academy, we want our staff to achieve and be successful as well as our students
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our professional, friendly team. The successful candidate will have experience of working with children and excellent interpersonal skills to enthuse and inspire our pupils. They will have outstanding behaviour management skills and expertise or qualifications relevant to the role. Flexibility and a willingness to work as a team and with children of all ages within the primary school setting are essential.
This is a temporary post from 4th January to 22nd July 2022.
You would thrive in the role if you are you someone who:
• Is passionate about education;
• Is calm, supportive and focused on pupils mental well-being;
• Works creatively with the curriculum to help all children succeed;
• Loves challenging themselves and others;
• Relishes in opportunities to develop your own practice;
• Enjoys working as part of a team;
• Recognises the importance of great relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents.
We will offer you:
• Enthusiastic, hardworking and well behaved children;
• A supportive staff and Governing Body who have fun at work;
• A progressive, forward thinking Academy Trust;
• A commitment to your professional development and potential leadership opportunities for the right candidate;
• Chance to work with experienced staff who can support and mentor you in the role;
• A welcoming environment where creativity is encouraged.
A virtual tour of the school can be arranged on an individual basis but you can also find out more about us on the Dashwood Academy website.
For more information about the role, please find attached the Job Description and Person Specification
Closing date: Monday 6th December
Interview date: Thursday 9th December
Dashwood Banbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.