Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Oak Hill Academy – West London
Required for February 2022
Salary: Scale 5, £24,693 - £26,520 FTE pro rata - £18,275.21 - £19,627.36
Hours: 31.25 - 8:30am to 3:30pm – Monday to Friday – 39 weeks per year
Oak Hill Academy West London is a happy, successful, oversubscribed 4 form entry junior school on the borders of Feltham and Ashford. We became an Aspirations Academies Trust school in April 2014 with an ethos to combine academic excellence with the guiding principles of self-worth, engagement, and purpose, which has enhanced the pride that our children and staff feel about their school. Our children are excited to learn which is reflected in their outstanding behaviour and we have a positive family and team ethos. Here at Oak Hill, we also value the journeys of all our employees and provide ongoing training including Early Careers Teacher Programmes, to give you the opportunity to flourish and continue your career in education.
Oak Hill Academy is an amazing and popular school because we believe in all of our pupils and encourage them to reach their full potential through enjoyment and challenge.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic HLTA to join our friendly team of supportive staff. The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated, hard working with a sense of fun and have high expectations of children within a Key Stage 2 setting.
You will work under the direction of the Class Teacher to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities to individual pupils, groups and whole classes. You will provide care and support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils which includes assessments and reports on pupils’ progress. The successful candidate will also assist the teachers in the management of pupils in the classroom. You should have a good standard of English and Maths and knowledge of the primary curriculum and will be able to contribute effectively to curriculum planning and assessment of children’s learning.
We would love you to join us if you can demonstrate that you are:
• Educated to GCSE Level C or above in English and Maths
• Confident, enthusiastic and have a passion for learning
• Able to demonstrate excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills
• An excellent, enthusiastic and committed practitioner who believes in the value of continuing CPD
• Someone who has high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all pupils
• Creative and able to make a difference
• Adaptable and aspirational
• Committed to securing good outcomes for all pupils and have a belief that all can achieve well
• Able to build good working relationships with staff, pupils and their parents/carers
• A dynamic and forward looking staff who enjoy working together
• An “Oak Hill family” ethos to all pupils, staff and parents
• Children who are excited by school and love to learn
• A strong commitment to staff development – helping you to achieve the best in a supportive environment
• Upskilling Apprenticeship package
• Fast route to teaching programmes for all TA/LSA/HLTA staff
• An experienced and caring Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged. Please contact the Associate Principal to arrange an appointment via Rita Smith, details above.
Please also see attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information
How to Apply
Please click the ‘fast apply’ button and fill out the application form
When applying, please fill in the supporting statement section on the application form stating specific examples from your own experience demonstrating how you meet the professional expertise and skills criteria in the person specification.
Closing date: Thursday 27th January 2022
Interview: w/c 31st January 2022
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
Across our 16 Academies, Aspirations educate more than 9,000 pupils across the ages from 2 to 19 years, covering an area from West London to the Southwest of England. Operating since 2011, we have a consistent track record of improvement and success and offer excellent Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities. We are determined that children receive an excellent education that prepares them for success in adult-life and are looking for people to join us who share our ideals.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and guarantee an interview for those with a declared disability should they meet the minimum criteria for the job. The Equality Act 2010 defines disability as “any physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities”
Oak Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.