Please Note: We may decide to close the advert earlier than scheduled if we receive a high volume of applications.
About us and the role
We are seeking to appoint an excellent KS1 Class Teacher and Science Lead for Krishna Avanti Primary School Harrow to lead the team in the provision of an excellent, engaging and innovative curriculum.
The successful candidate will not only be passionate about their subject, and have exceptional subject knowledge, but also have a passion and drive to deliver and engage students in their pursuit of subject knowledge, skills and creative expression.
The staff at Krishna Avanti Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our pupils. All staff that work at our school subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our children. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both children and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our children to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment, we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all children enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- Teacher pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
- plus many more
What will you do?
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct within the Science curriculum and across the school as a whole.
- To ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum that has high expectations of achievement for all students.
- To lead on the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking and assessment policies and teaching and learning strategies, that are innovative, will motivate students to learn and raise achievement across the subject area.
- To work with other Subject Leaders in order to embed cross curricular Literacy, numeracy and ICT across the School, which is effective in raising standards.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Genuine passion for lifelong learning
- A belief in the unique potential of every student
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high quality teaching and learning
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and faiths who will promote all aspects of the school’s vision, mission, faith and ethos.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be DBS checked.