Full time - 35 hours per week, term time only.
Grade 2, £20,740 - £20,916 per annum pro rata. Approximate pro rata £15,666 - £15,799 (75% FTE)
About us and the role
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
Avanti Fields School is an is an all-through, faith designated (Hindu) state school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding. The staff at Avanti Fields School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Work under the guidance of the teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
- Assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.