To start from Easter 2024
MPR/UPR + TLR1a
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational and dedicated SENCO to join Team Babington from Easter 2024. We have excellent provision for students with SEND and are very proud of the extra mile we go to meet their needs. We are “…ambitious for all, including disadvantaged pupils and those with SEND” (OFSTED 2023). The ideal candidate will be ambitious, passionate and committed and will want to help make a profound positive difference to our school community.
The successful candidate will join a strong and experienced SEND provision at Babington - our SENCO team is made up of two SENCO’s, a DSP Manager and a SEND administrator. Our Associate Principal also leads on SEND across the Trust.
We welcome applications from teachers who are inspiring and knowledgeable within SEND and want to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
It is a very exciting time to join us at Babington; we are an Ofsted Good school, with “Good Behaviour and Attitudes” (OFSTED 2023). We provide a vibrant and diverse 11-16 school where our students are our best resource and is a place where the best teachers can make a huge difference to the outcomes of our students.
The main purpose of the SENCO role under the direction of the senior leader, will be:
- To determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school
- Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability
- Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies
- The SENCO will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Have a strategic overview of provision for pupils with SEN or a disability across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision
- Ensure the SEN policy is put into practice, and that the objectives of this policy are reflected in the school improvement plan
- Evaluate whether funding is being used effectively, and propose changes to make use of funding more effective
- Provide guidance to colleagues on teaching pupils with SEN or a disability, and advise on the graduated approach to SEN support
- Ensure the needs of students are met in line with Education, Health, Care Plans where required
- Provide training to all stakeholders in the academy so they are aware of special educational needs and are equipped to deal with them
Why work for us?
You will be given the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in this role and you will have access to meaningful professional development.
As a school and within our Trust we value inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, please let us know on your application and we’ll facilitate this wherever we can.
Our staff benefits package includes:
- Access to the highly competitive Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Staff Wellbeing Package - Access to a number of free services, including confidential counselling sessions, GP Helpline, physiotherapy, virtual gym, weight management, menopause, mindfulness and relaxation sessions.
- Staff Benefits Package - Access to a huge range of savings from retailers such as Currys, Halfords, Wilko, Asda, Tesco, M&S, Morrisons plus cinema and travel.
- Cycle to Work – This initiative also allows you to make huge Tax and National Insurance savings on the cost of a new bike and safety accessories. These savings are achieved via salary sacrifice which is managed by the Trust and lets you spread the cost to make payments more convenient.
- Green Car Salary Sacrifice – Delivered in partnership with Tusker, eligible LwLAT employees can choose a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car that comes complete with motor insurance, servicing, maintenance, replacement tyres and RAC breakdown cover, for a fixed monthly amount.
- Free Financial Support Service from Barclays - support with all aspects of your financial health and wellbeing. No need to be a Barclays customer to use the service.
- Eye Test Vouchers – Free SpecSavers eye test voucher for eligible staff
- Annual Flu Vaccine – Free flu vaccine voucher for eligible staff
- Free onsite parking
You may be an ambitious, high flyer who is relatively new to the profession or someone who has been in teaching for a few years but is ready for a new challenge. Regardless of your experience we strongly recommend that you visit Babington before applying to see why we are all so proud to be Babington.
Closing date: ASAP and by 9am Monday 26th February 2024
Interviews will take place week commencing 26th February 2024
Strong applications may be considered upon receipt.
The Learning without Limits Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
Social Media Checks
As part of the shortlisting process, in line with measures identified in statutory guidance relating to safeguarding practice, the Trust will conduct searches on candidates selected for interview, through a third party, on social media in order to identify anything that could give rise to a safeguarding concern in what has been said or done online. Only information relevant to safeguarding concerns obtained from the search will be passed over for consideration during the recruitment process.