Learning Support Assistant (JG3)
School: Backwell C of E Juniors
Hours: 9.5 hours per week, Thursday – Friday 8.30am – 1:30pm (Thurs 8:30 -1pm).
Contract: Fixed Term
Start: 20th February 2023 (Term 4) – 31st August 2023
Pay scale JG3: SCP 5 (£21,575 fte) £4,738 pro rata
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (JG3) to support children with a range of needs at Backwell Juniors. This part time, temporary position until the end of the academic year.
Backwell C of E Junior school is a 2 form entry and is strongly committed to the community it serves. This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a very supportive team dedicated to ‘making a difference’ for each of our children.
We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos. We are a 420 place Federation split over 2 sites with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. Both West Leigh Infants and Backwell Juniors are part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about making a difference to all children.
- Have some experience in working with children in a classroom setting and ideally have experience of working with children who have Social Emotional Mental Health needs, a diagnosis of conditions such as Autism or other high level needs such as global delay.
- Be aspirational for every child and believe that every child can, and will, learn but might not have learnt something yet.
- Be flexible and able to adapt their practice to ensure effective learning.
- Have strong pupil management skills so that classes continue to learn in a calm and structured way.
- Be able to build strong and positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with dedicated and hard-working staff
- A positive learning environment
- Supportive staff, governors, parents, church and community
Visits to the school from prospective candidates are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please book an appointment via phone (01275-462632).
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and submitted online or sent to the school office by post.
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 27th January 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 2nd February 2023
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership – Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. As part of the shortlisting process an online search will be carried out. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership – Federation of West Leigh Infant and Backwell Junior Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. As part of the shortlisting process an online search will be carried out. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly those from underrepresented groups.