Learning Support Assistant (One to One Support) with Welfare Responsibilities
LSA - 26.25 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only.
Welfare - 3.75 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only
8:50am to 3.20pm Monday to Friday
Fixed Term for one year initially
Darwen St James’ is a small Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary Academy, situated in the heart of Darwen.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Darwen St James' C.E. Primary Academy. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious & creative 1-2-1 Learning Support Assistant (Level 2), to join our committed & hardworking staff team, at an exciting time in the life of our school.
The suitable candidate will:
- Be an excellent teaching assistant, with previous 1-2-1 SEND support experience essential
- Work with the class teacher to fulfil the specific learning needs and targets of individual SEND pupils
- Support other staff to ensure educational settings meet the needs of SEND pupils
- Demonstrate initiative and proactivity to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have high expectations for children’s learning
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- Support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
- A happy and caring Academy, with a distinctive Christian ethos
- Lively and responsive children, who enjoy school
- Hard working and dedicated team of staff & Governors
- Mutually supportive partnerships between our Local Authority and Cidari Academy Trust schools
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Motivated and experiences Governing Body and central Trust team
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Friday 1st December at 1pm
Interview date: Tuesday 5th December
We are a small and friendly Academy, whose team work happily together, to enable our learners to enjoy and achieve their very best.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Darwen St James' C.E. Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.