Special Support Assistant
Fixed term whilst funded
30 Hours Per Week
Cidari Multi Academy Trust and the Governing Body of Baines Endowed Church of England Primary Academy are seeking to appoint highly motivated, conscientious & creative Special Support Assistant to join our committed & hardworking staff team, working with children from EYFS to Year 6. The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
We have polite, hardworking, wonderful children and committed and supportive staff who work well as a team. Our governors are passionate about education and fully engage in our drive to excellence.
The suitable candidate will:
- work with colleagues to determine the specific learning and physical requirements of individual pupils
- have the essential qualifications and experience as detailed in the person specification, including GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- Support other staff to ensure educational settings meet the needs of pupils
- Have high expectations for children’s learning
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- Support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
- A warm welcome from a happy community with a strong Christian ethos.
- Confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
- The active support of parents and governors.
- Strong links with other local church schools and the local community.
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and central Trust team.
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
If you believe that you possess the above qualities, we would like to hear from you.
Application will only be accepted on a fully completed application form with supporting letter. CVs will not be accepted.
Further information about the Academy is available by visiting our website.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
Closing date: Thursday 21st September at 1pm
Proposed interview date: Friday 29th September 2023
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
Blackpool Baines' Endowed Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.