Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher
Seagrave Village Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 40%
Start Date: January 2024
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Are you looking to work for an organisation who is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance?
Would you like to join a school where you can really make a difference to children’s lives?
If so, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Seagrave Village Primary School as a Classroom Teacher on a permanent basis from January 2024, working as part of a job share Thursdays and Fridays alongside an experienced teacher in a mixed age Year 5 and 6 class.
The Classroom Teacher will be responsible for creating a learning experience that enables and challenges our pupils to be the best that they can be. We seek to ensure that children have the best possible experiences during their time with us and therefore aspirational and exciting teaching is encouraged.
We are seeking someone who is creative and confident in providing lessons that motivate and engage pupils; who is committed to the small school ethos; who has the ability to be flexible and who has good communication skills.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers (ECT’S) as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The role of Classroom Teacher is a rewarding one with the opportunity for professional autonomy within the role to create the classroom environment that enables development. The successful candidate will become part of a supportive team within a fantastic school with a close family feel, where there is excellent behaviour throughout the school with children who are friendly, involved and resilient. The successful candidate will have opportunities to lead subject areas and gain valuable experience in a small school context. We are heavily focused on trying to ensure that work life balance for teachers is manageable, this is under regular review.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses pupils’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player who enjoys the unique nature of a small school – whilst it is important as a Classroom Teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Kate Litchfield prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 25th September 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 2nd October 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Seagrave Village Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.