Lettings Premises Officer
Wreake Valley Academy
Contracted Hrs: 20 hours
Working Wks: 52 weeks
Grade: Grade 7, Pts 11 to 14
Salary: £12,314 to £13,003 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Are you an organised individual with craft experience e.g. plumber, electrician?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to join a supportive team to provide an excellent lettings service to our external users?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Wreake Valley Academy as a Lettings Premises Officer to support the Premises Team with lettings at our vibrant education facility. The successful candidate will be contracted to work 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 6.15pm - 10.15pm with the opportunity to work some additional weekend hours on an adhoc basis.
The core hours of our lettings are between 4:30pm and 10pm, Monday – Friday and 9am – 6pm, Saturday – Sunday plus some later evenings with Theatre bookings.
We are looking for someone who can support our busy lettings schedule as the on-site point of contact, increasing the capacity within the team; ensuring that the site is ready for school use and other letting hirers.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to assist in providing high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school’s buildings and grounds so that all students, staff and users have a comfortable, clean, safe and well-maintained environment to work in.
There may also be the possibility for additional hours over the weekend and to cover staff absence as/when required.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a responsible, engaging and organised individual
• Have experience of working within a school setting and experience with craft skills e.g. plumber, electrician
• Have the ability to work under their own initiative
• Have the ability to undertake a range of basic repairs and maintenance tasks
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills
• Have knowledge of Health and Safety issues including legislation and COSHH
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Tim Marston prior to applying.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday 31st January 2023
Provisional Interview Date: 1st - 3rd February 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.