Senior Science Technician
Wreake Valley Academy
Contracted Hrs: 37 hours during Term Time. Holiday hours to be negotiated
Working Wks: Term Time Only + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Grade: Grade 9, Pts 19 to 22
Salary: £23,730 to £25,621 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Wreake Valley Academy as a Senior Science Technician. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work extra hours during the school holidays which can be negotiated.
The Senior Science Technician will provide comprehensive support to the Teaching staff within the Science department. Responsible for ensuring the safe, proper use and maintenance of all resources, chemicals and equipment to enable effective delivery of Science lessons to A-level, Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
The successful post holder will also oversee the day-to-day deployment of Science Technicians.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to share their knowledge and collaborate with a supportive team to ensure the Science department is running at a high standard. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has a passion for Science and is looking for a new opportunity to take the next step in their career and gain line management experience.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience working in a school laboratory or chemical based setting
• Have the ability to work as a team
• Have a good standard of IT skills
• Have an understanding of Health & Safety requirements relevant to the role
• Be highly organised and proactive
• Be able to prioritise their workload
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Tim Marston prior to applying.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday 31st January 2023
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 6th February
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.