Teacher of DT/ART
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
We seek an ambitious and highly effective Teacher of DT/Art to join us at Wreake Valley Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding, committed and motivated qualified teacher to join out exceptional department and deliver a curriculum that is exciting, innovative and inspiring. We have a true passion for both subjects inside and outside of the classroom and would welcome a new member of the team to flourish within the department.
You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
The ideal candidates will have:
• Qualified teaching status, and up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of DT/Art and appropriate resources which deliver outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• Good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
• An Active Practitioner with strong subject knowledge of the curricula being taught.
• The ability to motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative and encouraging lessons.
• A commitment to delivering extra-curricular opportunities.
To apply for this position please submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 1st March
Provisional Interview Date: W/C Monday 8th March 2021
We look forward to receiving your application!
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.