SEND Teaching Assistant Level 3
Grade 3 P9-22
Salary Range: £21,269.00 - £27,514.00, pro rata
Hours per week: 32.5 hours, term time only (39 weeks)
Contract Type: Permanent
Billesley Primary School, Trittiford Road, Billesley, Birmingham, B13 0ES
Billesley Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled teaching assistant with a passion for working with SEND children to join our team. Experience of supporting children with ASD is preferable, but not essential for the right candidate. We would also welcome applications from graduates and can offer high-quality career development and opportunities.
In our most recent Ofsted Inspection in May 2019, we were judged Outstanding in all areas and continue to thrive as an organisation.
‘The curriculum provides pupils with rich and meaningful learning experiences.’
‘The provision for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) is outstanding’
‘Teaching assistants have a very positive influence on pupils’ learning’.
- Be driven to support children in making the best possible progress
- Have experience of working with children with a range of significant learning needs
- Have a particular passion and relevant experience for supporting children with SEND and ASD
- Understand and demonstrate the highest standards of safeguarding
- Be motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable
- Be able to work as part of a team, as well independently
- Respond positively to feedback and be driven to improve
- Have NVQ Level 3 children or equivalent
- Have and demonstrate excellent communication and literacy skills *
- Have experience of working with children who have speech and language needs and qualifications to support specific strategies e.g Makaton, PECs, TEACCH or the willing to learn.
- An understanding of pupils sensory differences and needs
- Experience of helping pupils to understand and regulate their emotional responses to develop a greater sense of self-awareness, independence and resilience.
We can offer:
- Outstanding support and professional development
- Ongoing coaching support
- An experienced, dedicated and friendly staff
- Enthusiastic children with a passion for learning
- Supportive parents and trustees
*This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing date: Friday 24th June 2022, 3.30PM
Interviews: Tuesday 28th June 2022
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the school by telephone or e-mail. Informal visits are encouraged – please contact the school for an appointment.
Billesley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.