Teacher, Leader of Learning (Mathematics) with TLR 2b
Billesley Primary School, Trittiford Road, Birmingham, B13 0ES
Principal: Karl Rogerson
Start date: February 2022 (or sooner if available)
Billesley Primary School is an outstanding school with an innovative and vibrant approach to school initiative. The School serves a diverse community through highly effective teaching. We are especially proud of the quality of professional development offered in our school, which was recognised in our most recent OFSTED report 2019, ‘Teachers benefit from highly effective coaching and professional development, which has enabled them to become skilled practitioners.’
We are also a Research School through The Education Endowment Foundation and it’s core mission aligns perfectly with Billey Primary School which is to improve the educational attainment of all pupils but especially the most disadvantaged through a research based approach.
The focus of the role of Leader of Learning, is to lead and manage Mathematics alongside the Vice Principal (strategic lead for Mathematics) at Billesley Primary School, with a specific focus on responsibility for standards of teaching and learning, achievement and attainment. The school is committed to school improvement within the Elliot Foundation Multi Academy Trust and the EEF Research School Network. Therefore, there may be opportunities to work alongside teachers in other schools within the Trust and across the wider educational system.
The post is full time, non- class based but with teaching responsibilities and you will have time allocated to fulfil leadership responsibilities.
Applications are invited from teachers who:
- Have a passion for Maths and believe that through hard work, all children can achieve well
- Are enthusiastic, want the best for our children and are passionate about the curriculum and community partnerships.
- Are an excellent practitioner with high expectations of themselves and our children.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, assessment procedures and the use of effective feedback on pupil achievement
- Can inspire, motivate and challenge pupils at all attainment levels
- Are committed to developing their own expertise, knowledge and skills to enhance their effectiveness as a teacher
- Seek challenge for themselves and the children they teach
We can offer:
- A welcoming school with enthusiastic, motivated staff and supportive Trust.
- A teaching and leadership coach to develop your skills and knowledge further.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues in the wider school system (including EEF Research Schools and fellow Trust schools)
- Free childcare for ages 3 and over, plus after school care is available in discussion with the school.
Billesley Primary School is an Academy in partnership with the Elliot Foundation.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 5:00pm Wednesday 1st December
Interviews/ Observations: Week beginning 29th November
Please complete the application via E teach or email for more information.
Billesley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.