Teacher, Research and Innovations Lead with TLR 2b
Billesley Primary School, Trittiford Road, Birmingham, B13 0ES
Principal: Karl Rogerson
Start date: February 2022 (or sooner if available)
Billesley Primary School is an outstanding school with an innovative and vibrant approach to school initiative. The School serves a diverse community through highly effective teaching and learning. We are especially proud of the quality of professional development offered in our school, which was recognised in our most recent OFSTED report 2019, ‘Teachers benefit from highly effective coaching and professional development, which has enabled them to become skilled practitioners.’
We are also a Research School through The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and a part of the Research School network, comprising 37 schools: 27 Research Schools and 10 Associate Research Schools. The Research Schools Network aims to lead the way in the use of evidence-based teaching, building affiliations with large numbers of schools in their region, and supporting the use of evidence at scale.
We are seeking to appoint a Research Lead who will provide the link between the school’s teaching, learning and pedagogical approaches and the world of education. We believe this vacancy is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about research based practice to develop a culture where staff are encouraged to actively engage with research to improve pupils outcomes.
The appointed Research and Innovations Lead will work in partnership with the Strategic Leadership Team to implement an inspiring and compelling vision of achievement for all; to empower all pupils and staff to excel.
The school is committed to school improvement within the Elliot Foundation Multi Academy Trust and the EEF Research School Network. Therefore, there may be opportunities to work alongside teachers in other schools within the Trust and across the wider educational system.
The post is full time with significant time given to fulfill the roles responsibilities.
Applications are invited from teachers who:
- Are enthusiastic and want the best for our children and are passionate about the curriculum and research based practice.
- Are an excellent practitioner with high expectations of themselves and our children.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of evidence informed curriculum practices.
- Can inspire, motivate and challenge pupils of all abilities.
- Are committed to developing their own expertise, knowledge and skills to enhance their effectiveness as a teacher
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about research and evidence-informed practice
- Relish challenging themselves and the children
We can offer:
- A welcoming school with enthusiastic, motivated staff and supportive Trust.
- A teaching and leadership coach in order to develop your skills and knowledge further.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues in the wider school system (including EEF Research Schools and fellow Trust schools)
- Free childcare for ages 3 and over, plus after school care is available in discussion with the school.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged, please contact our school office to book an appointment.
Billesley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.