"Pupils’ highly positive attitudes are promoted by warm and encouraging staff who use praise highly effectively to motivate pupils." - ISI Inspection, July 2017
We are seeking a highly organised, self-motivated professional to work with the pupil recruitment and admission process. The Registrar will manage all aspects of the admissions process, liaise with prospective parents and work on events for prospective pupils including Internationals. The Registrar plays a vital role in the efficiency of the Admissions process from initial contact through to enrolment. Customer service is at the heart of this fast-paced role. This role is full-time, all year round (with reduced hours in the holidays) and includes a holiday entitlement.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
Parents and Communication:
- Manage and deliver an efficient and welcoming admissions programme, ensuring a professional service to parents, pupils, feeder school and the school community.
- Working through all aspects of the admissions process from initial contact through to enrolment with efficiency.
- Ensuring that all appropriate information is sent out at the relevant stages of the admissions process.
- Overseeing visits of the school by prospective parents and pupils and working with the Marketing and Admissions team to ensure that their experience is as positive and as personal as possible.
- Maintaining contact with prospective parents and following up visits with personal approaches to ensure registration and retention.
- Communicating efficiently with all areas of the school including teaching and support staff as appropriate.
- To follow up on enquiries from agents and parents who have made contact with the school.
- To ensure that information relating to admissions on the School Website is up to date and accurate.
- Where possible, attend school events, recruitment fairs and similar publicity events.
- Promoting the school at all times and being aware of current practice throughout the school.
- Informing HCC of starters and leavers
- Working with the Marketing and Admissions team to co-ordinate visits, and build relationships with Independent Schools and their Heads
- Working with Head of Boarding to welcome new pupils; UK and International
Visas and Compliance
- To act as Level 1 User on the Sponsor Management System.
- Ensure the School meets all sponsorship duties to retain its sponsorship status, and assisting with sponsorship activities such as licence renewal, annual BCA, CAS/COS annual allocations and on-site audits.
- To keep informed of all immigration/visa legislations relevant to students.
- To maintain procedural documents pertaining to visa checks, expiring visas, withdrawals from study, changes to study plans, visa refusal and Tier 4 reporting.
- Identify and verify immigration status of all non-UK/EU Nationals and provide advice on any restrictions to study
- To provide guidance to students with visa applications via email and individual meetings, including checking of the final application prior to submission.
- Ensuring all student documents are correct before the creation of a CAS.
- Issuing of short-term study visa letters as directed.
Data and Management:
- Ensure that record-keeping, and reporting requirements are maintained.
- Ensure that the admissions data is up to date, accurate and compliant with the latest data protection protocols.
- To comply with the School policies and procedures
- To track, manage and analyse the admissions statistics (including enquiries, visits, registrations, offers, deposits, joiners and leavers) and report figures regularly.
- To ensure that the Bursar is informed of deposits received, new starters, pupil leavers and any changes in financial assistance, so that fee billing is as accurate as possible.
- To liaise with all relevant staff members to ensure the smooth running of all entrance assessments.
- To assist with the organisation of Whole School Open Days and evenings and other admissions events as appropriate.
- To work with colleagues to organise, administer and promote Induction/Transition Days, Assessment Days and new parent events.
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with key agents, including ensuring proactive and timely communications throughout the admissions process.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Boundary Oak School is an ISA and IAPS co-educational day and boarding school set in 30 acres of beautiful Hampshire countryside outside Fareham, very close to Portsmouth and Southampton. We provide a friendly, family environment in a place rich in history, character and charm. As a highly sought after employer, early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen with lunch provide.
Boundary Oak is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks and good references.