Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for a Learning support mentor to join our Construction team at our Cambridge Campus.
You will join us on a part time, fixed term, term time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £18,318-£20,413 pro rata per annum, plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction.
CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from joining our staff, include:
- Generous holiday leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities.
About the role:
You will work with teachers to raise the learning and attainment of young people while promoting their social inclusion, self-esteem and independence.
You will get the opportunity to support students in all vocational areas of the college and assist them to access the curriculum, participate in learning and fulfil their potential.
The primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of this job role are to:
• Empower young people to achieve their personalised learning outcomes, including Education, Health and Care Plan outcomes and targets.
• Adaptation of class resources in order to ensure students are able to access learning materials, i.e. enlarging text, modifying carrier language, etc.
• Support students with the delivery of therapy interventions e.g. Physiotherapy and Speech and Language Therapy following guidance and programmes set out by appropriate professional.
• To work directly with young people to review their support needs, following the internal college processes.
• Undertake appropriate training and development as agreed with the Learning Support Manager.
What we are looking for in our role:
You will need to be able to use your own initiative while out in support of learners, dealing with situations with tact and empathy.
The need to be flexible in your approach is imperative.
You will need to be qualified to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths and ideally have experience of working with people with SEND.
Closing Date: 24/09/201
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.