Cambridge Regional College has an exciting, Variable Hours job opportunity for a Security Trainer to join our Commercial, Traineeships and Employability Team.
You will join us on a Variable Hours basis and in return you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £20.30 per hour, plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction.
CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you will benefit from as our Marketing and Events Coordinator will include:
- A welcoming and friendly team
- Set up with a Buddy as well as a Line Manager
- New starter training to help you excel in your new role with us
- Generous pension scheme (22.7% employers’ contribution)
- Staff Development opportunities.
About the role:
We are transforming our employability and professional training offer by adding the SIA Licence to this provision.
We are looking to expand our amazing team.
You will be delivering employability training in group sessions and embedding functional skills within your training programme.
The training outcomes you deliver will provide clients with a wide range of benefits including jobs, apprenticeships, qualifications and other progression routes.
CRC is a really exciting place to work, and we are now looking for a dedicated and hardworking person with a real passion for delivering Security Licence training to join us.
Key duties of this role, will include:
• To deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies and technologies that enable outstanding learning outcomes.
• To design, develop and maintain teaching resources to ensure the best experience for the learners.
• To maintain safe working practices and a safe environment for the learners.
What we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
• SIA Licence and qualifications to be able to deliver this training
• Maths and English GCSE at grade 4-9 (C grade or above), or equivalent
• Level 3: Award in Education & Training Course, or another relevant teacher training
• Previous experience of working within the employability sector
• Experience of training others in non-traditional teaching environments
• Willing and able to works some evenings and Saturdays if required
• Sounds administration/organisation skills
• Working knowledge of health & safety
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Able to effectively deal with difficult people or situations
• Enthusiastic, proactive, and adaptable.
This role is suitable for someone who is experienced in the training sector and wants to be a valued part of our team to help people reach their potential.
How to apply:
If you are keen to utilise your training sector experience to inspire the next generation of SIA Licence holders then apply today to be considered for our Variable Hours Security Trainer.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021.
Interviews: date tbc.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.