Salary: TSAT C Scale £17,632 - £19,769 per annum (£11,599 - £13,005 for hours and weeks stated)
Hours per week: 28.75 hours per week, term time + 5 INSET days
Closing Date: 10th May 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We require a Teaching Assistant to join Cedar Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone. The successful applicant will be helping students in out Inclusion Centre as well as the wider school.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and join our Trust!
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- Provide teaching and learning to our students with the support of Classroom Teacher
- Excellent interpersonal skills Committed to supporting pupils
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Danielle Donoghue
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cedar Children's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.