Start: 01 September 2021
Salary: L12-16 (£55337-£61165)
Contract: Full time
We are looking to appoint a dedicated, confident, ambitious leader, who has substantial proven experience of whole school improvement. Someone who can support our children to be kind, confident and resilient, particularly as they face the challenges of the next post pandemic years. Do you have the skills, knowledge and experience to enable every individual, regardless of ability, to achieve their full potential and prepare them for their next steps as active responsible citizens?
We are looking for a talented and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who will:
- have ambitious aspirations for all our children and the ability to motivate and inspire every child to reach their full potential;
- have a commitment to work collaboratively, supporting and developing both themselves and colleagues to extend leadership potential;
- play a key role in the professional development of all our staff;
- have extensive experience of leading outstanding teaching, learning and assessment;
- have a proven track record of school improvement, strategic planning, coaching and mentoring of staff;
- have strong team-working skills, is proficient at building professional working relationships and partnerships in and outside school;
- promote the school and work confidently with parents, carers and the wider community.
We can offer you:
- a discrete leadership role with no timetabled teaching commitment;
- the opportunity for you to expand your professional horizons, develop your senior leadership skills and work towards headship;
- to make a difference to our happy school through being instrumental in developing very high standards for our pupils;
- wonderful children who love learning, are excited by challenge, are friendly, well-behaved and enthusiastic;
- a talented, committed and ambitious staff team;
- support from other colleagues in school and from within our Trust partnership of schools;
- wider opportunities to be involved across our multi-academy trust;
- the support of our parents, carers, local community and an effective governing body.
We warmly invite you to come and visit us. Please call the school office manager, Leanne Brace, to arrange a visit or for an informal telephone conversation.
The closing date for applications is – 23.59 Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews are likely to take place on – Week beginning 26th April 2021
Click on the ‘apply’ to be redirected to the WMAT iTrent Jobsite to register/apply online before the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Cheddar Grove Primary School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006’.
Cheddar Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.