SEN 1:1 Nursery Teaching Assistant
Basis: Temporary for duration pupil is at the school, or until the SEN need ceases or until the SEN funding ceases
Start date: ASAP
Cheddar Grove Primary School is looking to appoint an empathetic, nurturing, patient and flexible individual to join our team as a SEND Teaching Assistant. An energetic and positive outlook is essential.
The role is designed to support the learning and personal needs of a named child within a Nursery class. It will involve working one afternoon and two full days (Wednesday pm and Thursday & Friday all day).
This will involve:
- Working 1-to-1 with a named child
- Delivering programmes of intervention, as recommended by external agencies e.g., speech and language therapists, occupational therapy, physiotherapy.
- Providing personal, social, welfare, emotional and behavioural support.
- Facilitating social communication and interaction with peers.
- Carrying out intimate care as necessary.
- Working alongside teaching staff, parents and a range of professionals on a regular basis to implement and review programmes of intervention.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an experienced, supportive team
- Happy children who make each day different from the next.
- A competitive salary
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Cheddar Grove Primary School is part of the Wellsway Multi Academy Trust, established in 2014, which forms a partnership of schools spanning the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that work together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care. Being part of this family of schools that is cross stage as well as cross phase allows staff to share best practice across all key stages and across different types of schools and the trust is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in Bristol and Bath.
To apply: click on the ‘apply’ button be re-directed to our recruitment jobsite to register/login to apply online before the closing date.
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on 19th April 2021
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter
No CVs or agencies please
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. The school reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Cheddar Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.