The college is seeking to employ an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teacher of English. We are looking for a teacher with the skills, expertise and passion to join our team of dedicated staff to provide an inspiring and supportive learning environment to encourage every student to realise their full potential.
The English department is a strong, cohesive team with exciting plans for the future and are looking for someone who is driven and team-focussed. Like all of our highly respected staff, the successful candidate will be integral in shaping our ever-evolving curriculum going forward and will have the opportunity to teach the full range of ages and qualifications. It’s important we get the right teacher who shares our belief, that our students deserve the very best.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly successful teacher, who embodies our school mission statement, ‘Be Happy, Be Ambitious, Make a Difference’
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate an ability to learn.
- Be able to support the development of highly engaging and ambitious schemes of work within the department.
- Have a clear understanding of pedagogical knowledge in the teaching of English.
- Be a team player and relish in the opportunity to work with colleagues within the English department and beyond.
The City of Leicester College
The City of Leicester College sits at the heart of the East Leicester community and has many staff who attended here as students, including Senior and Middle leaders. We pride ourselves on our cultural diversity and inclusive attitudes and beliefs. Our thriving 11-19 college, with 1750+ students on roll, includes a highly successful sixth form of 350+. Whilst we are the largest school in the city we maintain a distinct community identity and prioritise the health and wellbeing of our staff and students alike.
For the successful candidate we can offer you:
- A challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- A friendly and supportive working environment where staff work as a team in order to deliver the highest standards for our students
- A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- Access to excellent technology resources
- CPD pathways to meet your interests and needs
- A Health and wellbeing forum and calendared HWB activities.
Please attach a cover letter to your application, no longer than two sides of A4, outlining how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this role.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Closing date for applications:
Monday 23 May at 8:00am with interviews taking place in the same week.
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006. This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)