We are looking for talented, energetic and passionate Teaching Assistants to join our supportive team. Successful candidates must be able to build positive relationships quickly with students, some of which may have complex needs, and make a distinct and positive contribution to the school.
• 35 hours per week / 39 weeks per year (term time plus one week)
• 8.15 am to 3.45 pm, Monday – Friday (with 30 mins for lunch)
• APT&C Grade 3 point 5-6 (Single Status generic job description E9001c)
• Actual salary for hours: £15,965 - £16,284
We welcome candidates who share our belief, that our diverse and amazing students deserve the very best! Therefore, the successful candidates will:
- Play a part in embedding our shared vision and ethos across all areas of the College
- Be a TCOLC Character role model, embodying our four pillars: Intellectual, Moral, Community and Performance
- Ensure students are well supported to develop the knowledge and behaviours that will enable them to flourish, even in the face of challenges
- Be passionate about working in an inclusive, multi-faith and multi-cultural community and understand the importance of engaging parents/carers and community leaders in the education of our students
- Will always act in the best interests of children through ensuring highly effective safeguarding procedures
- Be a team player, who relishes the opportunity to work with colleagues across the whole College
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate an ability to learn.
The City of Leicester College:
The City of Leicester College is a thriving multi-cultural 11-19 college, with 1750+ students on roll, which includes a highly successful sixth form of 350+. Whilst we are the largest school in the city we maintain a distinct identity and prioritise the health and wellbeing of our staff and students alike.
We can offer:
- Working in a challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- Committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Access to excellent technology resources, including laptops for all staff
- Dedicated health and wellbeing forum.
Please come and have a look around and see for yourself how you could become part of our wonderful college community.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Closing date for applications:
Friday 20th May at 9.00am with interviews most likely to take place the following week.
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006. This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)