Salary: £31,016 - £38,223
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
Finance Business Partner
The City of Bristol College is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive qualified or part qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) Finance Business Partner. We are looking for someone who is confident working in a fast paced environment with conflicting deadlines.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff.
As a Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for preparing relevant, accurate and timely financial/business management advice and services to the Corporation, Senior Leadership Team and designated Service Areas and associated management teams. The position will also contribute to the production and monitoring of accurate management accounts.
The main duties of the Finance Business Partner is to:
- produce and deliver the full requirements of management reporting outputs (revenue, expenditure and capital)
- ensure your work delivers (in conjunction with Functional Area and Faculty Managers) innovative income generation schemes
- assist and contribute to strategic, operational and business planning in support of the College development plan and targets
- ensure cost control by reviewing payroll and non-pay costs and liaising with budget-holders on variances
- carry out projects or other cross-College initiatives or functions as directed by your line manager
- make an effective input into investment appraisals and planning submissions
- initiate and implement projects as directed by your line manager
- work with your line manager to generate a positive and widely recognised image for Financial Services as a business partner to internal functional and faculty areas
- actively promote the College and its core values both internally and externally
Continuous professional development is a key part of the Finance Business Partner role and the College is keen to support the successful candidate with their personal professional development and would offer support with obtaining additional qualifications.
The successful candidate will keep up to keep up to date with the developments relevant to the position, the trends and national and local initiatives and maintain and develop strong analytical skills in the planning, design, assessment and execution of projects. In addition to this it is expected that the Finance Business Partner will provide professional guidance and leadership to members of staff.
At the City of Bristol College we expect all member of staff to promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young persons and other vulnerable people for whom you are responsible and whom you come into contact with.
Please note that you could be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your general level of responsibility at your initial place of work or at another of the College’s sites.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
- cycle to work scheme
- free car parking at most college sites
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant Information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 30th January 2022 (Midnight)
Interview date: TBC