Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced MIS officer to work within the Management Information team, you will be responsible for many aspects of data gathering, checking and validating.
Some of the key elements you are responsible for are:
- Liaise with designated curriculum areas and student services to ensure that enrolment and offering data held in Prosolution is accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring that data validation report errors are investigated and amended accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for working within set procedures to ensure that audit trails and all supporting documentation is stored as per external / internal audit guidance.
- In liaison with the ILR and Funding Manager continually review data capture processes to ensure that data errors are consistently reduced or eliminated and contributes to staff training sessions if required
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 6th February 2022 (Midnight)
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 14th February 2022
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.