Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week.
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Purchase Ledger Clerk. We are looking for someone with experience in purchase ledger and who is confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
The role will involve:
- Raising Purchase Orders using the College Purchase to order system
- Answering any queries related to the purchase order system
- Processing large volumes of invoices
- Managing the purchase ledger email address making sure queries are dealt with correctly and efficiently within the 3 working day SLA
- Ad-hoc administration
- Supplier Statement reconciliation
- Processing weekly bacs runs
- Setting up new supplier accounts
- Cover in the finance team
The ideal purchase ledger clerk will have:
- Ability to work well within a dynamic team
- Strong IT skills
- Previous purchase ledger experience
- Great communication skills
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Thursday 3rd February 2022 (Midnight)
Interview date: TBC
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.