Required for September 2021 or as soon as possible
Responsible to: Head of Secondary
Terms: Full Time (Term time + 3 weeks may be considered with a pro rata salary)
Thank you very much for your enquiry about the post of Personal Assistant to the Head of Secondary at Dunraven School. We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic person to join our team.
The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and we wish to appoint a candidate of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful and diverse co-educational school and keen to share in the development of our All Through Provision. Recognition of our marked progress has been significant and our journey as a school is important to us. For example:
● In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School.
● In August 2011, we converted to Academy status.
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013.
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed.
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established
● In 2018 we became the sponsor for Van Gogh Primary and Goldfinch Primary.
● In September 2019 we completed our journey as an All Through school with our first Year 6 cohort in the Primary phase.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● A high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
● A supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● A culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found on our website. We look forward to receiving your application
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.