Responsible to: Office Manager
Pay scale: NJC Scale 4 (7-10) (salary range £24,705 - £26,064 paid pro rata)
Work pattern: Full-time 35 hrs per week (Term-time only + 2 weeks)
Required for: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: Thursday 29 September 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the post of Reception and Administration Officer. We are looking for a flexible and skilled administrator to join our office team. You will be part of the front office staff dealing with visitors, students and staff. This is a key role in ensuring the effective running of the school on a day to day basis.
The Elmgreen School became part of the Dunraven Educational Trust in September 2021, and together we are focused on developing an exciting, dynamic and progressive community, focused on improving the outcomes for children and their families.
Maintaining the highest level of customer service, act as the first point of contact for the school, responding to internal and external enquiries, passing appropriate information to staff and assisting with the smooth administration of the school.
- To provide effective communication links (telephone, email, reception and messages) throughout the school including but not limited to telephone switchboard duties, taking and circulating messages.
- To act as a point of contact for Premises emergencies and relay the details to the Premises Manager.
- Provide administrative support for key events including parents’ evenings.
- To receive and welcome all visitors and deliveries, inform appropriate staff and ensure visitors sign into the school and are given security badges.
- To sign children in late and signing them out for appointments in the absence of the Attendance Officer.
DUNRAVEN EDUCATIONAL TRUST OVERVIEW
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.