Contract type: Part time, 7 hours per week and Term Time Only
Salary: £11,222.52 (NJC point 56), plus External Clinical Supervision
Required: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: 12 Noon, 17 February 2023 // Interviews planned for the week commencing 27 February 2023
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Counselling Service Lead to provide a counselling and psychotherapy service at Dunraven School for 7 hours per week during term time. In this role, you will also recruit, induct and support trainees and newly qualified counsellors in the development of their clinical practice and understanding of working in educational settings. To view the full range of duties and requirements for this vacancy, please read the enclosed detailed job description and person specification. We have also included below a summary of the key achievements of Dunraven School and the creation of Dunraven Educational Trust.
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) as a Multi Academy Trust is committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in our school communities. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. For example:
● In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School
● In August 2011 we converted to Academy status
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
● In 2018, the Dunraven Educational Trust began working in partnership with two primary schools. Van Gogh Primary joined the Trust on 1 September 2018 and was followed by Goldfinch in January 2019.
● In September 2021, DET was joined by The Elmgreen School and Rosendale Primary School and Children Centre.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
● clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
● a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.