Deadline to apply: Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: TBC thereafter
Thank you for your enquiry about the post of Teacher of Geography at Dunraven School. We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful teacher to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school. Successful candidates will be required to teach Geography to KS3 and KS4, with the possibility of being required to teach Geography at A Level. The timetable will also entail teaching a second subject and the ability to offer History, RE or PSHE would be advantageous for this position.
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the Governors wish to appoint a candidate of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic co-educational school and keen to share in the leadership of our All Through Provision.
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) as a Multi Academy Trust is committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in our school communities. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. For example:
● In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School.
● In August 2011, we converted to Academy status.
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013.
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed.
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
● In 2018, the Dunraven Educational Trust began working in partnership with two primary schools. Van Gogh Primary joined the Trust on 1 September 2018 and was followed by Goldfinch in January 2019.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
● clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
● a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
We look forward to receiving your application.