Deadline to apply: Tuesday 13 April 2021
Interview date: week beginning 19 April 2021
We wish to appoint a candidate of significant ability and enthusiam, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic co-educational school and keen to share in the leadership of our All Through provision. Shortlisted candidates will be required to demonstrate experience of, or an understanding of the philosophy underpinning and the delivery of Computing, ICT and Design Technology and have a thorough knowledge of one of these subjects.
DUNRAVEN EDUCATIONAL TRUST OVERVIEW
Dunraven Educational Trust was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All Through School, Van Gogh Primary and Goldfinch Primary. DET is a trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust. We want an educational experience which provides excellence for - and expects it from - everyone. We know that this is best achieved in a school where:
● the offer is broad, balanced, inclusive, enriching and effective in meeting the needs of young people;
● staff and students are supported and challenged to be the best versions of themselves;
● relationships are positive, well established and healthy;
● practice is based on evidence and underpinned by the notion that ‘we can always do better’.
We are clear that this supports the development of children and young people (and adults) who are: resilient, courteous, optimistic, hardworking, self-disciplined, enthusiastic and creative.
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us.
● In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School.
● In August 2011, we converted to Academy status.
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013.
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed.
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
● In 2018 the Dunraven Educational Trust began working in partnership with two primary schools. Van Gogh Primary joined the Trust on 1 September 2018 and was followed by Goldfinch in January 2019.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
● clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
● a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Further details about the post are available in the enclosed application pack.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.