We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful Teacher to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school. Successful candidates will be required to teach Physics across Key Stage 3 and 4. The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the governors wish to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic coeducational school.
We include some information on Dunraven School below and attach the job description and person specification for this vacancy. The deadline to apply is 20 October 2020, 12 Noon and interviews are planned for Wednesday 21 October 2020 / Thursday 22 October 2020. We look forward to receiving your completed application.
The employment start date will be January 2021 with an earlier start possible.
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. For example:
● In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School.
● In August 2011, we converted to Academy status.
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013.
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed.
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
● In September 2018, our Multi Academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary school in January 2019.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hardworking, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● A high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
● Clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
● A supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● Excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
● A culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Dunraven School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check with barred list check is a condition of employment for this post.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.