SEN 1-1 Teaching Assistant (TA) for KS2/KS1
We are a popular, village school looking for an experienced and enthusiastic part time Teaching Assistant to join us from January 2023. The successful candidate will work closely with the Inclusion Lead and class teacher to provide appropriate levels of 1:1 support and activities to a child with special educational needs with an EHCP (Education Help Care Plan); this role may also require supporting small groups of children with interventions.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange this.
Byfleet Primary School is a smaller than average Primary School with 240 pupils located in a village setting. We are a busy but friendly school, with an ethos throughout of Learning, Caring and Sharing. Our school is a happy place to learn and to work with a close-knit staff and we aim is to make the learning engaging with a level of challenge which encourages our pupils to develop resilience, independence and persistence.
We are looking for a creative and caring Teaching Assistant who:
- Has previous experience of working in Key Stage 2
- Has the ability to work closely and in partnership with colleagues as a team member
- Is self-directed, proactive and highly organised and punctual with good attendance
- Shows enthusiasm, dedication, creativity and is flexible
- Maintains a calm and consistent approach to working with the children
- Uses good communication skills with colleagues, children and parents. Has a great sense of humor and fun
We will offer:
- A caring, warm and friendly school with a supportive and committed staff team and dedicated SLT.
- Happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn.
- A commitment to professional development with the potential of training as a qualified teacher or similar.
Hours: 18 hours per week (days and hours to be agreed with successful applicant)
Salary: EEEA Grades SP3 £21269.00 - £21776.00
pro rata £ 9133.31 - £9351.02
term time only plus 3 INSET days (38.6 weeks)
Contract Type: One Year Fixed Term
Required: As soon as possible
Please submit online or email (as per application form). We reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date if suitable applicants received.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate
All staff and volunteers are subject to a Enhanced Disclosure Barring check before taking up their new position and will support our rigorous safeguarding procedures.