Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding Boarding Housemistress for an immediate start.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
Purpose of the Role
In charge of Girls Boarding, the housemistress is responsible for the smooth running of the house, the supervision and guidance of staff and, above all, the safety, welfare and well-being of the boarding pupils
Successful candidates will:
- Hold B.Ed plus PGCE with appropriate specialism, or Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism (candidates from the UK are expected to hold QTS)
- Have several years experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Boarding school environment as either Assistant Houseparent or Housemaster/Housemistress
- Enjoy community life, and not resent its intrusion on privacy, nor its occasional calls for hard work at unsociable hours for no pecuniary advantage
- Enjoy the company of young people for its own sake and have an easy rapport with them
- Have a good understanding of the developmental and curricular needs of pupils in an international school and the cultural sensitivities of the country and religious requirements
In return we offer:
- Commensurately reduced timetable in your chosen subject specialism
- Outstanding international package
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided, and world class medical & healthcare benefits
- School fees remission for up to two dependent children in Repton School Dubai