School Welfare and Administration Officer
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (8am until 4.30pm) – Term Time plus 2 weeks (41 Weeks)
Salary: Grade 6 Actual Salary: £27,735
- £28,735 (Depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30th October 2020 Midday
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced School Welfare and Administrator join the administration team. Featherstone High is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
• Excellent CPD programme and free access on online Microsoft certified training.
• Access to teacherperks for all employees to exclusive benefits and big discounts from some of the UK's biggest brands.
• Generous Local Government Pension.
• Onsite gym membership with 50% off at £15 per month.
• Contribution towards eye tests and VDU prescription glasses.
• Exclusive access to Costco membership.
• We also offer Cycle to Work scheme, free counselling, free onsite secure parking and occupational health service.
The main duties will include:
• To act as the School’s primary First Aider and manage the School Welfare Room and to be responsible for the health and welfare of all students.
• To manage Student Services area and the student window
• To support the School Administration Manager with administrative duties.
• Integral administrative and ICT skills (MS Office),
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a 'Can-do' attitude
• Be able to work as team, yet use your own initiative
• Be resilient, flexible and demonstrate an ability to work in a busy environment
• Experience of working within an office environment
• Previous experience of working in a school environment or with SIMs would be an advantage
We value our staff and actively support their professional development. We are one of very few schools to achieve the Platinum Award for CPD - a reflection of the importance we attach to supporting the professional development of colleagues. We have recently been awarded the Well-being Award for Schools, where our support for staff and students well-being was highlighted as a strength.
Please ensure you address the Person Specification in detail.
We reserve the right to close the advert early if we appoint sooner.
Interviews: Week commencing 2nd November 2020
Featherstone High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equality and diversity in all aspects of employment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) previously called Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.