Head of Department Religious Studies and SMSC
Full time Permanent
MPS/ UPS + TLR1a
Transforming Lives, Transforming Communities
The Chief Executive and Board of Trustees are ambitious for the growth of the Trust: our mission is to provide the best quality of education for all our learners within a secure learning environment. Feversham Academy is a non-selective Faith based secondary school and sixth form for girls located in Bradford, the school is part of the Feversham family of schools operated by Feversham Education Trust.
The successful applicant will:
• Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for learners within the Religious Studies faculty.
• To work in partnership with the Chief Executive, Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Local Governing Body, Trust (FET), staff, learners and parents / carers in generating the ethos and values which underpin the school enriched by mutual care and respect extending into the local community.
• Promote and deliver the priorities and policies of the school by contributing to school improvement and development planning, by consistently and persistently implementing agreed policies and initiatives and adhering to the school’s ethos within and beyond the school.
Feversham Academy is:
• ‘An Outstanding School’ OFSTED
• A Designated Teaching School and Multi Academy Trust
• Consistently ranked as one of the best schools in the Country for Value Added
• An innovative and reflective school
Training will be given where necessary and appropriate. A willingness to support the Islamic Ethos of the school is essential.
Informal visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed.
Feversham Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.