Director of Learning: Access and Inclusion
Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Point L6 to L10 - £47,896 to £52901
The Trust Board are seeking to appoint a dynamic and ambitious Director with the desire to help this outstanding school as it embarks on the next stage of its journey to world class. Feversham Academy’s results are amongst the best in the country.
Feversham Academy is a non-selective Faith based secondary school and sixth form for girls located in Bradford, West Yorkshire. The school enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. Academic standards are very high, but we continue to strive to ensure all students enjoy a fully rounded education, allowing every young person to fulfil their potential. In July 2021 the school was accredited with the World Class Schools Quality Mark (WCSQM) in recognition of the work done by students and staff across the school.
We are looking for a new Director of Learning: Access and Inclusion who will join us on our journey to continued educational excellence. The successful candidate will play a major role in supporting the Assistant-Principal in the delivery of the School Development Plan (Access and Inclusion). You will work with the staff at all levels across the school to ensure that inspiring and purposeful leadership and strategic direction in the key areas of Access and Inclusion is achieved. Training will be given where necessary and appropriate. A willingness to support the Islamic Ethos of the school is essential.
Further to the Person Specification, our ideal candidate to join the Feversham Education Trust Family will:
• Be a Team Player
• Have the desire to upskill and support both our learners and our colleagues
• Possess excellent organisational skills and have an eye for detail
• Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Have a warm, approachable manner
We are able to offer you:
• A forward-thinking Trust which has a proven track record of establishing outstanding schools and teams
• A Trust which continually has their vision of transforming the lives and communities of those we serve at the heart of every decision
• A Trust with a successful track record of upskilling and promoting within
• An excellent CPD programme
• An opportunity to join a School and Trust community with a family culture.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 28th January 2022
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be requested from the successful candidate.
A downloadable application form can be found on our website. Please note that CVs are not accepted.
For information about this role or an informal visit to the Academy, please contact the Academy Reception directly.
“Feversham Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to rigorous vetting procedures, including, satisfactory references, enhanced disclosure and barring check (DBS), due diligence, health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.”
Feversham Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.