The Governors of this oversubscribed, high performing, successful, forward looking and expanding Academy wish to appoint someone with enthusiasm for the following position to commence ASAP.
Head of Department Religious Studies and SMSC
Full time Permanent
MPS/ UPS + TLR1a
The successful applicant will:
• Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for learners within the Religious Studies faculty.
• To work in partnership with the Chief Executive, Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Local Governing Body, Trust (FET), staff, learners and parents / carers in generating the ethos and values which underpin the school enriched by mutual care and respect extending into the local community.
• Promote and deliver the priorities and policies of the school by contributing to school improvement and development planning, by consistently and persistently implementing agreed policies and initiatives and adhering to the school’s ethos within and beyond the school.
Feversham Academy is:
• ‘An Outstanding School’ OFSTED
• A Designated Teaching School and Multi Academy Trust
• Consistently ranked as one of the best schools in the Country for Value Added
• An innovative and reflective school
Training will be given where necessary and appropriate. A willingness to support the Islamic Ethos of the school is essential.
Due to the nature of the post, applications from women only can be accepted as this is an occupational requirement and as such is provided for under Section 1, Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Informal visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed.
Feversham Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.