An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Careers and Employability Lead at Frome College to provide inspiring independent careers advice and guidance for our students as well as an outstanding programme of employability activities that inform and motivate young people. The post holder will support our students through the UCAS application process and will cultivate and maintain relationships with our student body to ensure activities are successfully co-ordinated, readily available and communicated to all throughout the college. The successful candidate will be required to engage with local businesses and employers, enlisting their support to develop long-lasting and sustainable work experience placements, whilst working closely with our academic and pastoral leads.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following
• Ability to engage positively and successfully with all young people, working well in both 1:1 and group settings.
• Excellent administration, organisational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues and external links.
• Flexibility and willingness to work some additional hours, which may be outside of school hours/term time (e.g. parents’ evenings).
• IT literacy with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
• Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13-19 Upper School with approximately 1200 students. It is a fast-moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a vibrant artistic community with the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday market and many restaurants and 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Benefits of working at Frome College offers the opportunity to be part of a strong community and supportive workforce. Free parking, onsite catering, nursery and discounted access to leisure centre. Employees also have access to various opportunities and benefits as part of ‘My Staff Shop’ with Somerset County Council including Cycle to Work Scheme.
Frome Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.